Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Alphabet Book - Letter Aa


My four year old daughter and I started making an alphabet book this week. Of course we started with the letter "A". All of our projects this week have been about things that start with "A". We also had a little help from my littlest angel - Cooper. He is two, and the only boy in my litter.

Our irst project for our alphabet book was the letter "A" page. It was really simple. First, I traced the letter "A" onto construction paper. I wanted it to be brown for the anthill, but Trinity insisted on purple. It is her favorite color you know. After I traced the "A", I gave her the scissors to cut it out. Then she glued it down to a piece of construction paper.

Then it was time for her favorite part - PAINT! We poured some black paint into the tray. She dipped her finger in the paint. Then she made three consecutive black fingerprints on the "A". We tried to make them look like they were climbing up and down the anthill.



After our painted "ants" were dry, we added antenae and legs. Simple and cute. I especially like any craft project that includes fingerprints, handprints, or footprints!

After we are all done with our "A" projects this week, we will put them in sheet protectors inside a special notebook. This will serve as our alphabet book for the year.

I "borrowed" this idea from Sandy at Just For Fun.

1 comment:

  1. great idea
    love her red hair!

    enter my giveaway for a $25 American Express gc!♥ http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com/2009/12/hellmanns-25-american-express-gift-card.html

    ReplyDelete